Friday, November 18, 2011

"One of those weeks"

Hi all! Hope you've been having a great week. Unfortunately for me, this week has just been rough. I've been having troubles at work, my students have been extra rotten and I've lost someone close to me (damn cancer!!!) I found this online and it has made me feel immensely better about this week. 
Hope it brings things into perspective for you when you have "one of those days" like it did for me. 

If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of the world.
If you have money in the bank, money in your wallet and some spare change you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy. 
If you woke up this morning with more health than illness you are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.
If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture or the horrible pangs of hunger you are luckier than the 500 million people who are alive and suffering.
If you can read this message you are more fortunate than 3 billion people in the world who cannot read at all.



Wow! Makes you think, right? Have a blessed day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment