Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Grade 5/6/7 Resolutions

Some of you might know that I teach a novel class (book club) to kids who are in grade 5, 6 and 7. Well, it's hard to call them kids. The boy students are much taller than me, are all growing mustaches and  have the deepest voices you could imagine. Basically, I feel like I'm teaching grown men in teenage boys bodies. Then, I'm teaching five girls who are all in love with the boys are just giggle the entire hour. But, all the kids are good for a laugh and seem to be enjoying the class. 
This week we have started reading the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series, which they love. It's a total hit with all kids. In the author's first diary entry he says, "My problem is that it's not easy for me to think of ways to improve myself (new years resolutions) because I'm already pretty much one of the best people I know. So, this year my resolution is to try and help OTHER people improve." Haha!
            

The kids assignment was to write about their resolutions for 2012 and resolutions they have for OTHER people. They also had to write one resolution that they thought ALL people should make.Needless to say these were HILARIOUS and definitely worth sharing. 
Enjoy!

Rose: My resolution for all people is that they should be super humorous and super cool just like me. 

Patrick: My resolution is to not yawn as much. I yawn every day and every place. I want to not make noises when I eat something because my father says that girls do not like that in a boy.  

Joseph: My resolution for other people is for a thief. Do not be inconspicuous. My new years resolution for me is to not be infected with any disease in 2012. 

Jane: My new years resolution is for my mom. She must be more calm and kinder. She is always insane and in my business. I want privacy. She always makes me mad and I think she needs a strict diet. 
** Spoken like a true teenager, huh?!**

Isabella: My new years resolution is for my neighbors. You should stop screaming and fighting in the hall at midnight. Also, don't play piano at midnight. Your skills are not good. My other resolution is for my twin sister Rose. She watches the mirror too much because she thinks she is too cute. This is dumb.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment