Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Move to Alabama

Josh and I were pretty excited to find out that we would be moving back to Alabama. Not because it's such an amazing place, but because it's familiar to us and we don't necessarily dislike it. There are plenty of things to do within driving distance, we know where everything is, Josh should have a pretty regular 9am-5pm work schedule and we'd have friends there also. And, after the hustle and bustle of Seoul, Enterprise Alabama seemed pretty appealing.
Thankfully Josh and I were able to fly together. When we flew to Alabama I was almost 35 weeks pregnant so I was happy to not be flying alone like when I flew from Korea. Thankfully the flight was easy and I was moderately comfortable. Baby must love to fly because both times (Korea to Seattle and Seattle to Alabama) he was just kicking around and moving a ton. What a squirmy baby!
Well, let's try to make this long story short and get to the good stuff AKA baby boy coming into the world! We got to Alabama, stayed in a hotel for a little over a week, bought me a new car (which I love love love love love!), found a house, signed the lease on the house two days later, met my new doctor and got registered at the hospital I chose to deliver at, drove to Birmingham (about 3.5 hours away) to get Josh's new truck, had three different shipments come to the house and deliver all of our stuff, get new furniture and have it delivered, set up the house, buy baby everything he needed (crib, dresser, car seat, stroller, pack and play, diapers, wipes, clothes etc). Oh, and two weeks later I had a baby. Sounds crazy, right?!?!
We are still so shocked that everything happened so fast.We had so much to do in such a short period of time!
Such a stressful, exciting and crazy time. The best part? Times like this just remind me that Josh and I are such a good team. We worked through everything as a team and handled the stress well. We had so many big decisions to make and it was just such a hectic time. I'm so lucky to have such an amazing husband to live this crazy life with!!
Up next.... Baby boy makes his arrival EARLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment