Thursday, March 10, 2011

I learn better with my eyes closed

This week has been pretty normal at BIS. We are working on getting the new students used to the way we do things and rules and all things are running pretty smoothly. Of course, I could just write an entire blog about the random and hilarious things that these kids say, but this was my favorite of the week.
Annie was reading a Junie B. Jones book and came across the word romantic.
Annie: "Ms Leah, what does romantic mean?"
Jamie: "Romantic is when daddy says I love you muah muah muah. Will you marry me? And mommy says, OK I guess!"
Annie: "Oh, ok!"

Here are some random photos I have taken this week:
"Ms Leah, why do people in America love Las Vegas so much?"
Stella: "All I know is what stays in Vegas happened there too..." HAHA

Love that when they mention their friends all the teachers are on the list :)

Every month the students study and memorize a short book. At the end of the month each kindergarten class stands in front of the school and gives a speech of their entire book. I make them close their eyes, or they cheat and look at the book. I'm starting to think this was a mistake on my part, because now Daniel is convinved he will learn better if his eyes are closed the ENTIRE class!
Iris is so funny when memorizing too. She keeps her eyes closed the entire time, but holds her book up like she is reading. She also turns the pages at the right times too, even though her eyes are closed. :) She is too cute.
Leave it to kids to be brutally honest. "My family is nice. My mom is small. My dad is lazy. My mom is cooking. My grandmother is old." LOL

Asians and the peace sign is just as real as you'd assume it was. Even when the kids draw themselves they add the peace sign!!

1 comment: