Friday, February 25, 2011

"Is it just me, or is this graduation nicer than my high school graduation?!"

Kindergarten graduation was yesterday and I am SO glad that it's over. The stress of getting everything ready made this week feel so long. Here are some fun pictures that I took while we were there. The kids gave speeches, sang some cute songs about going to first grade and got fancy diplomas. The parents came with flowers for the kids and everyone was REALLY dressed up. Overall, I'd say the graduation was fancier than any other kindergarten ANYTHING I've seen before.

A new school year starts on Monday and I am finally starting to feel a bit ready. I have my schedule all ready and am teaching Kindergarten social studies, reading, and art. For the first to sixth graders I teach social studies, reading, novel (which is a lot like book club. Every 4 weeks we start a new book) and a random math class thrown in there for good measure. Then, about three days a week after school I tutor adults in English. I'll be a busy girl. Thank goodness for coffee!

The parents brought the kiddos flowers and lots of these. They are like bouquets, but made from foam.

The stage

I love this picture, even though it is a bit blurry. The boys were helping each other with their ties before getting their kindergarten diplomas!

Kaylyn



The boys were singing the Aladdin song to the girls "A whole new world...."

Nervous kiddos

Giving their speeches

Getting ready

These are the kiddos that are staying in kindergarten for another year. Here kids go through two levels of kindergarten, so it takes two years to complete. They were dedicating a song to the kids that were graduating. So sweet. Bad news- it was the "I love you" Barney song, so I've had it stuck in my head for a good two weeks while they have been practicing. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment